Diversey Care Offers Expertise and Solutions to Combat Ebola
STURTEVANT, Wisc. – 17 Oct 2014 – With Ebola cases now emerging in the United States, Sealed Air’s (NYSE: SEE) Diversey Care division today announced that it has launched a series of resources to help organisations deal with the growing global health crisis.
“Diversey Care is aware of the concern this situation has created among customers, staff, patients and visitors to public facilities around the world,” said Ilham Kadri, President of Diversey Care. “We have an ongoing commitment to provide a cleaner, healthier future, and have developed infection prevention materials in order to help stop the spread of this devastating disease.”
Diversey Care is providing the following resources to help combat the Ebola outbreak:
- Providing education and training for organisations regarding best practices for cleaning and disinfection in public environments.
- Recommending actions on how to respond to an outbreak, including emphasising the importance of hand hygiene.
- Providing a list of products offered by Diversey Care that meet the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for environmental infection control of Ebola, including our Oxivir® products that feature Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide® (AHP®) technology to remove a broad spectrum of viruses.
- Making experts available for consultation on cleaning and hygiene processes for both hospitals and public areas such as schools and office buildings.
- Helping clients implement programmes to manage the risk of infection.
- Implementing a social media campaign to inform and educate the public on Ebola prevention.
All reference materials and best practice guides are available for download and use at www.diversey.com/ebolaoutbreak. These materials reflect the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In addition, Diversey Care provides ongoing updates via its social media channels:
Diversey Care is a division of Sealed Air Corp., a leader in food safety and security, facility hygiene and product protection. For more information about Diversey Care, please visit www.diversey.com.
About Sealed Air
Sealed Air Corporation creates a world that feels, tastes and works better. In 2013, the Company generated revenue of approximately $7.7 billion by helping our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today's biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognised brands, including Cryovac® food packaging solutions, Bubble Wrap® cushioning, and Diversey™ cleaning and hygiene solutions, ensures a safer and less wasteful food supply chain, protects valuable goods as they are shipped around the world and improves health through clean environments. Sealed Air has approximately 25,000 employees who serve customers in 175 countries. To find out more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Corporate Communications Director